It's been a couple of months since I joined Weight Watchers. As of today, I've lost 7.5 pounds. None of them were easy, either. I'm averaging about a pound a week - which is slow, but steady, with the exception of this week - goddamn birthday cake.
It's hard to stay motivated at this rate. I'm hoping that my salvation will come in the form of a huge loss this week resulting from an almost flawless weekend staying on track. I'll be happy with 2 pounds. I'd just like to finally hit that 10-pound mark. It feels like I've been hovering around 7 for years now.
I THINK I CAN. I THINK I CAN. I THINK I CAN.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Jaimee and Swathi's brilliant rap remake of a Korn classic.
What do you get when you invite a handful of friends to collaborate on a mix cd for the evening's entertainment?
1. Pussy Liquor - Rob Zombie
2. Smell of Incense - Tiamat
3. All In The Family - Korn
4. Let It Beast - dj BC and the Beastles
5. Rehab - Amy Winehouse*
6. Look After You - The Fray
7. American Baby - Dave Matthews Band
8. Свинка-свинка - Ногу Свело (aka Piggy Piggy)
9. Istanbul - They Might Be Giants
10. Nothing Left - DJ Icey & Orbital
11. Tears and Rain - James Blunt
12. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
13. Titanium - Kraftwerk
14. J-Lo vs K-Co vs S-Wo - Lenlow
15. Virus Alert - Weird Al
16. Nothing Left to Lose - Matt Kearney
17. Silent House - Dixie Chicks
18. Rainbo Conversation - Stereolab
19. Something Left to Say - Roman Candle*
20. DRH - ??
21. Vermillion, Pt. 2 - Slipknot
22. Serenity - Godsmack
23. Ocean Size Love - Leigh Nash
24. Stoned - Lewis Taylor*
25. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
* = contributed by yours truly
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Most anyone who reads this already knows the big news. So the following announcement from this weeks' newsletter at work won't be a suprise - it's just blog-worthy!
Man down! MAN DOWN !!!
If you haven't seen his tag line yet on MSN, then it's my pleasure to announce to you that Joe Morris and Mandy Vaughn are affianced as of last Friday! The betrothed are currently considering a Fall wedding for 2008.
When I asked about the details of the proposal, Joe said it didn't really go according to plan. He said he got so caught up in the "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways" bit that, when he stopped to await her answer Mandy inquired if he had something to ask her. Joe thought for a moment, smiled broadly, and then replied, "Oh yes! Will you marry me?"
Congratulations to the both of you, Joe and Mandy!!!