Yo silly, elusive number on the scale!
2 pounds lost this week!
Take that, pesky 160's.
The secret to my success this week has no doubt been the continued journaling of every bite of food during the week in my spiral notebook. Here's what else I improved on from last week:
1. Measured most everything. (I feel that measuring peanut butter is more trouble than it's worth. Can I get an amen?)
2. Ate a 1/2 banana every morning. That's more fruit in a day than I got at all last week. It's a start.
3. My workout tomorrow will put me at my (silent) goal of 4 workouts this week.
4. I have included the strength training routines after my runs twice this week.
5. Looking back over my food journal, I don't see too many huge setbacks. This is mainly due to my lack of journaling over the weekend. I will admit, Saturday was pretty rough: I had 4 or 5 beers at the lake. That doesn't even include the nibbles of junk here and there throughout the day. The purchase of a large bag of Doritos "for Joe" on Sunday wasn't the best idea I've had, but I managed to hold it down to a serving and a half the entire week. AND they're the hotwing/blue cheese combos. GOOD lordamercy tasty!
6. I substituted healthier side dishes with my dinners every night. Tons of veggies instead of something starchy.
7. I just realized that this 'clean out the pantry' project I've been on for almost a month now has discouraged my snack intake (since there are no snacks around to be eaten). And to be honest, I'm hardly missing the 100-cal packs and puddings! That's huge for me. I think I'll just skip that aisle at the grocery store when I finally go this weekend.
THINGS I CAN DO BETTER NEXT WEEK
1. More fruit, more fruit, more fruit. Otherwise, I feel my diet right now is pretty stellar! Wow, I can't believe I can say that!
2. Eh, what's one more workout gonna hurt. I am DYING to sign up for a yoga class or a gym. I need something new, but money is tight for now. So on the to-do list, I think I'll buy that exercise ball I've been wanting for ages. Way cheaper than yoga class.
3. Enjoy my vacation and time away from work! (without finding myself back in the 160's next week)
Happy Memorial Day!