Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Difference a Day Makes

The scales were kind to me this morning. I'm still two days from weigh in, but if this morning's numbers are a sign of what's to come, I will be one happy camper come Friday! The downside is that a group of girls from work had a lunch shower thing at the worst place possible for me to try and eat healthy - chinese buffet. Ugh...

I *did* manage to stay away from the fried stuff, all of the sweet and sour and sesame nuggets that I love so much, and that right-to-my-ass-fried rice. I went for the veggie/unbreaded chicken dishes instead, a side of fruit, and only had a couple of bites of that decadent chocolate cake one of the girls picked up on the way (cake is made by the devil, I'm sure of it). Still though, I'm feeling unsettled. As if I need to be walking the rest of the day, at least to Brazil, to avoid a gain tomorrow. I'm just hoping that a moderate walk and 0-point soup will do the trick tonight.

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! 2 more days of work and I'll be on vacation for 5 days. Joe and I are loading up the pups and taking off to the mountains for a weekend of grillin', a little bit of hiking, and just plain doin' nothing! I cannot WAIT, as evidenced by my grocery list and menu I've already made for the three days we're there.

On a side note, I've been a non-smoker for 10 days. I've been tempted, but it gets easier with each day that passes. The next 10 will be easier for sure.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Good for you for not smoking! You're getting there!

Glad you decided to join the Christmas Challenge!! Starts tomorrow so make sure to check it out!