Monday, October 15, 2007

Old Friends

Last night at the Ryan Adams show at the Fox, I ran into an old friend. Things didn't end so well between us, so the chance encounter was awkward to say the least. At first, anyway. My heart skipped a beat when I realized who had called my name from across the room - the last person on earth I wanted to see.

After the first few minutes of superficial 'you look great' comments, it occured to me that my old friend was glad to see me. I had reached out to her a year and a half or so ago to try and mend things, without any real response, so I had let it go. You can imagine my shock and disbelief when we ended up confessing our miscommunications over a few glasses of wine, hugging, laughing (I actually shed a tear or two; hoping she didn't notice) and sharing stories from our past four years that we had not shared together. Actually, I'm still a little baffled by it all.

It is such a warm feeling I can't explain. I suggest everyone try a little forgiveness of your own and see what happens...

To old friends!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That is so wonderful! Hopefully you've reconnected for good and you guys can be great friends again.