Friday, October 12, 2007

Ready for WI

After substituting veggies for almost all of my normal treats this week and kicking some serious ass during my 'last chance workout' last night (11000 steps, approx 4.5 miles - at least 2 miles jogging), I think I may have managed to avoid a huge gain this week. WHEW!


This is my reminder that a splurge on Sunday = a gain on Friday.


I already have a plan in place for the weekend - some yummy chili for Saturday evening (ingredients already purchased, no excuses) to endulge myself without having it show up on the scales Monday. I am stocked up with some Breyer's double churn light for a 2-point treat on Sunday to follow some grilled turkey burgers.


My only big challenge looks to be a concert I'm going to on Sunday evening. I'm planning to save 4 points for a couple of light beers or glasses of wine and definitely eat dinner beforehand and stash some 100-calorie packs of something in the car for the ride home.


I have some extra motivation in the form of a wedding I'm attending next weekend. Not only will I need to have a great week next week in case of a minor lapse in judgement during the festivities, but I also want to look fabulous for all of Joe's family who I've not seen in a while. Finally, I'll be the one being asked 'have you lost weight' instead of my future SIL who's a beanpole to begin with! You guessed correctly if you were thinking I'll be wearing those skinny black pants. ;)


Oh, one last thing to report. Have you all tried the WW Caramel Cakes? YUM!!! 1 point of heaven...


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I thought I heard that there was a new flavor but it hasn't hit our grocery store yet! Look yummy though. Personally I'm a big fan of the carrot cake

Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend and chili sounds yummy!

I have a wedding tomorrow for a person I went to high school with. I know there are going to be a TON of people I haven't seen in a few years so I can't wait for the compliments to start rolling in! haah